Even though you may feel fit and healthy, there is no denying the fact that age does take its toll on our general health. To what extent, and at what age specifically, depends on the individual. Many factors contribute, including your lifestyle choices, your family history and your approach to healthcare.
It is very common for those in senior age groups to want to promote a position of good health to their family and friends. It is also common to subtly ignore aches and pains, or not fully want to accept that certain things just don’t work in the same way they once did. Our confidential service is designed specifically for over 65s to be able to talk openly, and without fear of judgement, to a specialist medical professional.
- Bespoke medical consultations enable a safe environment to talk about your health
- Specialist Health Screening aims to detect any medical condition early and seek the best course of treatment
- General medical plans for senior age groups helps you make important lifestyle choices to prevent common and family-related medical conditions
Our promise to you:
- We work towards helping you retain your independence
- We aim to ease or eliminate disability
- We offer direct access to London’s leading specialists, many of which are located on Harley Street for your convenience
The key objective with regular health screening is to detect any health issues early, giving you the opportunity to treat them sooner and enhance the chances of recovery. Regular health screening also gives you peace of mind over minor health defects that you could be worrying over unnecessarily. Prevention is entirely possible with advance awareness of risk areas, allowing you to make educated decisions about your health and lifestyle. A few preventable conditions that affect seniors:
- Type 2 Diabetes
- High Blood Pressure
- Coronary Heart Disease
Treatment is also typically more successful, when conditions are diagnosed at an early stage of development. A few curable conditions that affect seniors:
- Bowel Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Ovarian, Testis and Prostate Cancer
Our Seniors Health Screening service is valued highly by our patients, wanting peace of mind that their health is being monitored.
Our screening is designed specifically to assess for health risks common in seniors and includes:
- Consultation with Social and Medical History
- Medical Treatment Review
- Supplementation Review (Vitamins, Cod Liver Oil etc)
- Nutrition / Lifestyle Review
- Full Examination with:
- ECG (Electrocardiogram)
- Lung Function Test
- Full Skin Analysis
- Hearing Test (Audiometry)
- Urinalysis (including over 40 tests)
- Vitamin Blood Analysis
- Thyroid Profile
- Full Blood Test
- Colon Cancer Screening (in some cases)
- Abdominal Aorta Aneurysm Screening (in some cases)
- Carotid Doppler Ultrasound (Risk Analysis for Stroke) (in some cases
At Foresight Medical we have extensive experience in evaluating health risk factors in healthy people and in people experiencing symptoms of illness or injury. Our focus on preventative medicine means we are always aiming to help you achieve optimum levels of health, so you can continue to live a long and fulfilling life. All consultations and screening programmes are tailored to your individual needs and continuity of care ensures you will be looked after by the same doctor each time you visit our medical centre.
It is a good question. At Foresight Medical Centre, we offer specialist senior health services to over 65s, but typically our senior patients are 70+.
There are 3 primary benefits of private health screening:
- Continuity of care
- Emphasis on prevention from dependency
- Treatment optimisation